I was a little disappointed when I started reading A March Bride by Rachel Hauck as it is the wedding story that
goes with Once Upon a Prince but once I got a
little ways into it, I had a hard time putting it down. I love to read books
about brides and this book is another one of the books in the Year of Brides
series. You can read my review of Once Upon A Prince here, A December
Bride here, A January Bride here, and A February
Bride here.
In Once Upon A Prince, American Susanna
Truitt meets and falls in love with Brightonian Prince Nathaniel, now King
Nathaniel of Brighton. Now Susanna is in Brighton learning all about the
history of the kingdom and preparing for her wedding. Her wedding is just weeks
away and she is beginning to get the feeling that something is wrong, but isn’t
sure what. After a tedious dinner party,
King Nathaniel breaks the news that Parliament has put a clause on his Marriage
Act that says that even though the King can marry someone who isn’t royalty or
Brightonian, in this case Susanna, that person has to give up their original
citizenship and become a citizen of Brighton. Susanna had planned to become a
Brighton citizen, but carry dual citizenship.
This turmoil of having to give up her American citizenship makes Susanna
flee back home to Georgia, but will she and King Nathaniel be able to resolve
this issue before the big day or is the wedding off?
I received this book
free from HarperCollins Christian Publishing through the BookLook® book review bloggers
program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have
expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade
Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.





0 comments:
Post a Comment