Sunday, March 09, 2014

Book Review ** A February Bride


I really enjoyed reading A February Bride by Betsy St. Amant. I love to read books about brides and this book is another one of the books in the Year of Brides series. You can read my review of A December Bride here and A January Bride here.

Allie Andrews is waiting for the signal to walk down the aisle in her wedding, full of anxiety and pre-wedding jitters, when she notices a tear in the seam of the sleeve on her dress. The same dress that all the women in her family for several generations has worn, some several times because their marriages have failed and ended in divorce. Deciding that leaving before her groom, Marcus, has seen her is better than getting married and then following the family trend with a divorce in a few years, Allie flees in her fiancĂ©’s car.

Marcus Hall has been in love with Allie, practically since the first time he saw her.  He is a mechanic that owns a franchise of an auto shop.  His sister, Hannah, who is also Allie’s best friend, announces her engagement. Who does she choose as her maid of honor? Allie.  Poor Marcus doesn’t know if he’ll be able to handle all the functions that he’ll have to attend and see his should-be wife.  Will they continue to go their separate ways, or will Marcus and Allie realize that their love is forever and they can break the trend of divorces in Allie’s family?


I received this book free from HarperCollins Christian Publishing through the BookLook® book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

0 comments: