Mystically Wired by Ken Wilson, explores the fact that our brains have been “wired”, so to speak, with a desire to connect with God. God created man in his image to fellowship with Him, so it makes sense that He would “wire” our brains for prayer. Ken Wilson discusses various ways that we can connect with God in prayer. Although I don’t agree with all of Wilson’s theology, he has many good ideas and tips that would help a person develop an effective prayer life. Wilson writes in depth about meditating on the scriptures, finding or creating a prayer “place”, and developing an intimacy with God through prayer.
Mystically Wired is ten chapters long and is divided into two parts. Part one encompasses chapters one through 4 and deals with understanding the fact that we are mystically wired. Part two encompasses chapters five through ten and talks about “exploring new realms in prayer”. In part two, one of the chapters talks about praying at intervals. We hear about spending time in prayer and people who spend an hour at a time in prayer. Wilson suggests that a person start with five to ten minutes at different intervals throughout the day and build upon that to reach the thirty minute or one hour mark. I found that Mystically Wired is easy to read, but I had a hard time focusing my attention on reading it. I would pick it up and read it for a while and then not pick it up for weeks or months at a time.
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson through the BookSneeze® book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.
Bullet Journals, Homeschool-Style
-
Bullet journals have revolutionized my life by helping me to get organized
again. So it makes sense that I'd want to teach my kids the same efficiency
and ...
8 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment