Yesterday was the last day of school. Woo-Hoo!! We had a pretty good year! Grace and I both had to work today but that is it for this school year. I will be working during the month of June at an elementary school in Apopka as an assistant in the Exceptional Education Summer school program as long as they have enough students show up during the first week of school. Pray with me that enough students show that I will be able to work all four weeks, since I really need the job. Two weeks ago I got some Painted Lady Butterfly caterpillers from Earth's Birthday Project that we could watch grow and change into butterflies. We started with 7 caterpillers and had 6 that formed a chrysalis. Sunday morning we woke up to two butterflies and another one emerged before we left for church. When we came home from church Sunday morning we had 4 butterflies. Monday morning the last two butterflies emerged. The wings on the last butterfly that emerged never unfolded correctly all day long. Grace had told us to put Fruit Punch Gatorade in for the butterflies to drink. She learned this at a butterfly encounter place in Oveido, FL. When we released them Monday afternoon, we would dip our finger in the gatorade so that the butterflies would sit on our finger to drink. We then took them out of the box and released them in our front yard. It is amazing to watch God's masterpieces at work in the metamorphosis process.
Bullet Journals, Homeschool-Style
-
Bullet journals have revolutionized my life by helping me to get organized
again. So it makes sense that I'd want to teach my kids the same efficiency
and ...
8 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment